Kane was born in Claremont, Western Australia. Kane has been performing since the age of 3, starting in dance, then progressing to singing and acting. At the age of 6, she began to work professionally in print ads and moved on to television commercials and work on various children's television shows.
At the age of 16, Kane was chosen from 7,000 actresses who auditioned for a role in the iconic Australian television soap opera Neighbours, where she was a series regular.
From March to December 2009, Kane portrayed the character of Tenaya on Power Rangers RPM, part of the long-running Power Rangers franchise. The series was shot over a six-month period in Auckland, New Zealand. In 2010, Kane has a starring role in the Vuguru production Pretty Tough, a 20-episode web series based on the novel of the same name by Liz Tigelaar. On 28 November 2012, it was announced that Kane had joined the cast of Teen Wolf in the recurring role of Cora Hale, "a mysterious and beautiful young woman toughened by a life on her own".
In February 2013, Kane was cast as Mary, Queen of Scots, the young woman the world would come to know as Mary, Queen of Scots. The teenage Mary is a headstrong monarch - beautiful, passionate, and poised at the beginning of her tumultuous rise to power in The CW's drama series Reign.
- Flown over to test for Cartoon Network's first live action series, Unnatural History (2010), for the role of "Maggie Winnock". There were two actresses selected to test, Adelaide Kane and Italia Ricci. The role later went to Italia.
- Her father is Scottish, from Glasgow, and her mother has Scottish, Irish, and French ancestry.
- Is a descendant of Mary, Queen of Scots whom she plays on 'Reign' through her mother's ancestry.
- She is an avid comic book reader and has stated that her all time favorites are Sin City, Watchmen, Fables, Sandman, Preacher, The Boys, Chew, House of Mysteries, Swamp Thing, Grimm Fairy Tales and American Vampire. She also cited the DC Comics character Wonder Woman as an influence on her performance as Mary, Queen of Scots.
- She attended 2010 comic con dressed as DC Comics character Wonder Girl.
- She's a fan of the shows Firefly, House of Cards and Archer. She's also a fan of Game of Thrones, Charmed, Invader Zim and Adventure Time.
2013-2017 Reign (TV Series) Queen Mary Stuart
2017 Can't Buy My Love (TV Movie) Lilly Springer
2017 Dragons: Race to the Edge (TV Series) Mala
2015 Realm (Short) Claire Daniels
2014 The Devil's Hand Ruth
2014 Blood Punch Nabiki
2013 A Letter Home (Short) Emily Feldman
2013 Louder Than Words Stephanie Fareri
2013 Teen Wolf (TV Series) Cora Hale
2013 The Purge Zoey Sandin
2012 Goats Aubrey
2011 Donner Pass Nicole
2011 Pretty Tough (TV Series) Charlie
2010 Secrets of the Mountain (TV Movie) Jade Ann James
2009 Power Rangers R.P.M. (TV Series) Tenaya 7 / Tenaya 15
2007 Neighbours (TV Series) Lolly Allen
A fanlisting is simply an online list of fans of a subject, such as a TV show, actor, or musician, that is created by an individual and open for fans from around the world to join. There are no costs, and the only requirements to join a fanlisting are your name and country. - TFL.org